Peerfest is coming to Thurrock, Saturday 20th October!
Peerfest is our national annual event celebrating the importance, power and diversity of peer support.
It’s a welcoming, inclusive and inspirational event bringing peers and their supporters together to network,
share knowledge and best practice through workshops, creative activities, debate and The Marsh Awards.
Places are always popular so please click on the links below to book now for Peerfest 2018.
You can join us just for the daytime event, or just the evening event…or both!
More tickets will be released on 12th and 26th September.
We are looking for volunteers to get involved in the planning or come along on the day.
There is a variety of roles available for the day and evening sessions:
• Set up – move chairs, tables, put up signage
• Registration and Evaluation – mark off attendances; help people to complete evaluation forms
• Car park attendant
• Refreshments – set up, replenish, clear away
• Promotion stand – sale of promotional goods
• Fire Marshalls – stewards
• Workshop Co-ordinator – point of contact for Facilitators to ensure they have the required resources
• Meet and Greet
• Artist – create a mural for the day
• Volunteer Counsellors – Chill Out Zone and sharing experience zone
• Evening entertainment Co-ordinator
• Runners for the day – eg mobile microphone during debate
• Performers – music and dance for the evening
• Social Media – to update on days events
As well as adults, we are looking for youth organisations who may wish to involve their young people
age 16+ to gain experience and be part of this exciting event.
Do you have a talent for music or dance? We still have slots available, so let us know if you would like to perform
to entertain our evening guests – the more diverse the better!
If you have information that you feel would be relevant to share at this national event, why not run a stall?
Check out the Mind website and apply before 5th October to get involved.
If mental health and peer support are important to you, you may wish to get involved by sponsoring or donating time or resources to our event.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and we will be in touch.