What is Advocacy?
Advocacy is about making sure that a person has as much control as possible over their life. Advocacy helps people understand information, say what they want and what they need.
Is Advocacy for Me?
Thurrock Advocacy Service is available to individuals aged 18 and over, specifically:
- Individuals with Learning Difficulty
- Individuals with Mental Health conditions
- Individuals with Sensory Impairments
- Individuals with Acquired brain injury
- Individuals who have Substantial Difficulty understanding relevant information, remembering information, using information to help them be involved in making decisions or communicating their views, wishes and feelings
- Individuals with Dementia
- Individuals who would otherwise not be able to participate in decision making due to the effects of drugs and/or alcohol
- Carers of people in all of the categories above
Download Our Leaflets hereThurrock Advocacy Service Information Leaflet:
Our Privacy Notice
Thurrock Advocacy Service is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. The Purpose of the Privacy Notice is to explain what information we collect, how we use your personal information and keep it secure, and the conditions under which we may disclose it to others. Download our Privacy Notice: here